Kolkata: A fire broke out this morning at a leather goods manufacturing unit at Chowbaga area off E M Bypass, in the eastern part of the city.
— ANI (@ANI) November 24, 2017
Sources said seven fire tenders were pressed into service to put off the flames, first spotted around 9:45 am.
There was no report of casualty or anyone being trapped inside the factory,they said.
The fire was believed to have been triggered by a short circuit in the unit.
Police, fire brigade personnel with the help of local people have cordoned off the entire area.