Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management and cost consultancy services provider; with over 2,400 professionals operating throughout Asia Pacific, UK and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. We support clients with the construction and management of their key assets, important projects and programmes. Our approach is committed to providing first-class professional advice and delivering a quality of service which is second-to-none. This has helped enable our business to develop and maintain robust and long-lasting client partnerships.
Active in the Middle East for over 18 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. As a member of the Atkins Group, one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies, we hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Due to continued success in the Riyadh we are now seeking to recruit Commercial Manager, to join an established professional team, committed to technical integrity, innovation and development of its people, within our growing “Lifestyle” department for retail developments.
• Pre and post contract team leader;
• Managing multiple teams of between 5 – 10 QS staff for project specific deliverables/ duties and for delivery of large scale regional malls;
• Client point of contact for specialist retail project delivery;
• Pre-contract: feasibilities, cost planning and estimating, Bill of Quantity productions, tender evaluation, analysis, negotiations and recommendations, peer reviews, cost data-base, whole life costing, value engineering, risk management etc.
• Post-contract: commercial management of contract (POMI, FIDIC Red Book Contract), contract administration (contractual and commercial correspondences, claims, delay analysis etc.), management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs, interim valuations and payment certificates, variations analysis, recommendations and management, performing risk and value management and cost control functions, undertaking costs analysis project work, identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks, compilation of detailed progress/ cost reports, weekly and monthly reporting to client representative on all commercial issues, heading commercial meetings, understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
Rewards and Benefits:
• A competitive all inclusive salary:
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 22 calendar days annual leave;
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants;
• Must have extensive Retail (Malls) and/or major building projects experience within either UK/ Australia/ USA/ Middle East
• Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university;
• Minimum 12 years pre and/ or post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management;
• MRICS as preferred
• Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 5 years;
• Must have previous experience of FIDIC Red Book Contracts;
• Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required;
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Independent worker who is able to lead teams of commercial staff;
• Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).