- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oatmeal flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Chopped walnuts, to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl (Whole wheat flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt,sugar).
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl (Mashed ripe bananas, Egg, vanilla essence, olive oil).
- Fold in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.Lightly oil a baking tin with olive oil.
- Add the banana bread batter into the baking tin. Sprinkle nuts of choice. (I used roughly chopped walnuts).
- Place the baking tin in the oven and let it bake for about 50-55 mins or until a pierced toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold. Padma Penmetsa, winner of the Guilt Free contest: Week 6.
This post was last modified on September 9, 2018, 9:25 pm