Recipe: Butter Paneer
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 250 Gram Paneer (cut into rectangles)
- 2-3 Tbsp Milk
- To taste Salt
- To taste Red chili powder
- 6 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Cream (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves)
- 5 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 15 Kaju (cashew nuts)
- Add 1 Tbsp butter in a pan. Once it melts, add garlic, cinnamon and cashews. Fry, till the color changes.
- Then add the tomatoes. Saute till the tomatoes become soft and add chilli powder & salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes and then grind it into a fine paste.
- Take another pan – Add 1 Tbsp butter and grill the paneer pieces till golden brown on both sides. Remove the paneer pieces.
- In the same pan add the tomato-cashew paste. Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add kasoori methi and sugar. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Add milk, paneer pieces (You can adjust the quantity of milk according to your gravy’s consistency).
- Top it with cream if desired. Serve hot.