Recipe: Coconut Meat Curry
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 kg mutton, cut into curry sized pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup grated onions
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup grated tomatoes
- 4 cardamoms and cloves each
- 1 tsp cumin
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 12-15 curry leaves
- Marinate meat in ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and turmeric, leave for 6 hours.
- Heat oil and add cumin, curry leaves followed by onions.
- Stir-fry till onions are brown.
- Add cardamoms and cloves and stir-fry till they get a little dark.
- Add meat over high heat and stir fry till opaque.
- Lower the heat and cook till water has been absorbed and fat separates.
- Add tomatoes and cook till fat separates.
- Finish by adding coconut milk and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Topics:Coconut Meat Curry Recipe