- 2.5 Gram Bread Improver
- 155 Gram Milk
- 75 Gram Whole Eggs
- 80 Gram Butter, unsalted
- 3.5 Gram Salt
- 20 Gram Egg Yolks
- 80 Gram Raisins
- 250 Gram Flour T-45
- 80 Gram Candied Orange
- 35 Gram Candied Lemon
- 75 Gram Castor Sugar
- 35 Gram Red Cherries
- 10 Gram Fresh Yeast
- Take a small bowl. Pour warm 30 gm of milk and add 5gm yeast to it.
- Let it stand until yeast has dissolved. Stir in 30g of the flour, cover with cling film, and let stand 30 minutes, or until doubled.
- Beat sugar, egg yolks & whole eggs together. Add to sponge and stir until well incorporated.
- Combine butter and remaining flour until crumbly. Slowly pour in egg mixture.
- Add in the rest of the ingredient except the fruits and beat on high speed 3 to 4 minutes, until dough is elastic
- looking and long strands form. Beat in candied fruit and raisins.
- Take the dough into greased bowl, cover with cling film, and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled again,about 2 hours.
- Once proofed take out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead a few times to deflate.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and drop into prepared moulds. Let rise in a warm place for about two hours, until doubled again.
- Heat oven to 200 C. Cut an X on top of each loaf with oiled scissors/blade. Brush tops of loaves lightly with egg wash.
- After 10 minutes, lower heat to 190 C. Bake for 30 more minutes; if tops get too brown, cover with foil.
- Loaves are done when a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve.