Our client is currently searching for an experienced Project Manager – Mechanical Engineering to join their team delivering a high rise project in Kuwait. As the site Project Manager, you will be required to lead and manage all aspects of MEP construction on site ensuring that the day to day duties are performed professionally and expeditiously to support the progress of the project.
The correct individuals must be able to demonstrate a track record of responsibilities which include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Leading an MEP site team on a major high rise projects in the Middle East Region
• Advising of any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress, e.g. quality or snagging
• Reviewing the construction schedule during the progress of site works with regards to MEP services
• Responsible for the filing/logging of the MEP documentation
• Attending of and advising at risk workshops where you are responsible for reporting any risks associated with MEP installations or general project to the Project Manager
• Reviewing installation method statements
• Reviewing shop drawings
• Reviewing mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering coordination
• Reviewing mechanical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advising on the appropriateness of the proposals
• Undertaking general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works
• Monitoring and promoting health and safety on the site. Recording and reporting any breaches
• Undertaking off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary
• Undertaking review of proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule
• Witnessing mechanical system final testing and commissioning.
• Reviewing and commenting on testing and commissioning results and advising accordingly
• Maintaining an ongoing list of mechanical services defects for remedial action
• Undertaking final project snagging and prepare list of defects for action
• Attending project, site progress and any mechanical services related technical meetings as required
• Preparing draft site/engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required
• Resolving specific site problems as required to minimize program delays.
• Preparing MEP section monthly progress reports.
• Ensure that daily progress reports are produced with regards to MEP works.
• Maintaining the site diary.
• Bachelors, and ideally Masters, degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering
• Ideally you may also hold a professional registration for engineering through a relevant and appropriate institution
• Demonstrable experience of leading an MEP site team
• Demonstrable experience of working in multi-disciplinary construction teams
About the Company:
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.