Our dynamic client, a top global retail leader in San Francisco, is looking for a Sr. BI, EDW & Big Data Project Manager. This is a long term/ongoing role (multi-year) with possible conversion to perm. iTalent offers medical benefits, 401k with a matching program and more!
City : San Francisco
State : California
Role: Sr. BI, EDW & Big Data Project Manager
Work Location: San Francisco, CA
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to work cross functionally on the development and implementation of EDW and big data (analytics) projects/programs. This position’s responsibilities will require an understanding of current systems landscape, project management skills and implementation planning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work cross functionally on large tech initiatives in a fast paced retail environment, projects will primarily be in EDW and Analytics/Big data team and possibly more.
- Work closely with employees, contractors and vendor teams and hold them accountable for delivery by clearly developing and communicating plan, interdependencies and deliver against the diverse portfolio
- Works with partners to develop and drive technology solutions and business case development across functional groups or within a business domain.
- Work with solutions architect, technology delivery manager/technology delivery executive, vendors and developers.
- Develops status reports, controls project scope and economics, approves changes, and manages and resolves issues, risks, and conflicts. Serves as a single point of contact and the escalation point between technical teams.
- EDW and Big data/ Analytics project management experience
- Agile project experience as well as other project methodology experience
- Possesses strong project management, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills and the ability to work with various levels of the organization.
- At least 5 years (ideally more) of experience in project management
- Strong business analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
- Able to build and maintain strong collaborative working rapport among multiple partners
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and client service-oriented
- Knowledge of project/demand planning tools with evidence of practical application (e.g. MS Project, Jira, Innotas, Planview or the like)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Technology at our client: Our client’s technology team works fast and works smart. With San Francisco as their home, they take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. And they have fun doing it. This group of motivated self-starters and true team players is absolutely integral to their future success. They strongly believe that their team members are their best asset, and they work every day to arm them with the knowledge and tools not just to get the job done, but to feel inspired and fearless while doing it.
About iTalent Digital:
A woman- and minority-owned digital consulting company, we celebrate individuals and diversity, cultivating a culture where our people can excel and lead balanced lives. Recruitment at iTalent is guided by an unwavering principle: Only hire the best. Because we have the best people, we have the privilege of working with the best clients, doing the best work, and effecting transformative change at work and in our communities.