Switching to brown rice is always a good option for maintaining the health. It is full of nutrition as it is a whole grain which has the outer bran layer and germ intact. Brown rice contains a higher amount of fibre, minerals and vitamins.
Unlike the white rice, it is not treated with intense polishing. Switching to brown rice is better than ditching the rice completely. Here are some awesome health benefits of brown rice.
1. Diabetes: Studies find that brown rice is rich in phytic acid, fibre, and essential polyphenols. It is a complex carbohydrate that helps in the slower release of sugars, keeping our health.
2. Bone Health: Brown rice helps in maintaining the health of our bones. It is rich in magnesium and calcium that help in keeping the bones strong and healthy.
3. Cardiovascular Health: Brown rice helps in preventing the blockage of arteries. It also contains selenium which is good for the heart tissues.
4. Digestive Health: With the high fibre content, it regulates the bowel function and prevents the absorption of acid and thus, making the process of digestion easy.
5. Weight Management: It includes manganese and phosphorus, which help to synthesize body fats and control obesity, preventing unwanted cravings.
7. Reduces Cholesterol: The oil that is present in brown rice is known to reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol to a large extent. This makes brown rice one of the healthiest grains in our diet. The fibre in brown rice binds to the cholesterol in the digestive system and helps in its excretion.
8. Boosts Energy: Brown rice contains magnesium that helps in boosting our energy. It converts the carbohydrates and proteins into energy, which keeps you active for a long period of time.