New Delhi [India]: There is a reason for the Navy Blue suit to be the next big thing! Already touted as one of the ‘IT’ trends for Fall-Winter 2018, Navy Blue has made its presence felt across shows for Fall-Winter 2017, as well as Spring-Summer 2018.
What is so exciting about the Navy Blue suit? It’s dark, but it’s not black. It’s a stable colour, and can be used either as a neutral or as an accent. It also makes for a great base colour spelling elegance and class.
Even before you decide how to wear the Navy suit, it’s important to know when to wear it says Rohan Khattar, Founder- Minizmo.
A lot of men buy a Navy suit, but tend to place it back in the cupboard, because they don’t know when and how to wear it. Navy or even dark blue suits, break the monotony of Black or Grey at many day events, from power lunches to weddings. Also remember, this is one colour that can be both formal and youthful.
Here are the ten ways to rock the Navy Blue suit:
– Keep it Smooth: Stick to 100% virgin wool fabrics, as they work well with Navy. Excessive matte finishes or very smooth suits can actually make a navy suit look too shiny and that would take away from the depth of its colour. One can accessorize this look with simple black cuffs to make the attire look classy.
-Flaunt the Formals: Choose Plain White as contrast for a very formal look. When in doubt, you can always pair a Navy suit with a plain white stiff shirt for a very formal look, but use it for specific occasions. A lighter coloured tie, can add life to the entire ensemble.
-Contrast it up: Play the contrasting game, with a lighter blue shirt. This is an ultra-conservative look, and perfect for the board room power play. Add some relief to it with a solid contrasting tie in red or maroon.
-Keep it Casual: If you are looking for a more casual look, then wear a pin-striped shirt under it, and let go of the tie. This look is perfect for a business casual dinner. One can also accessorize it with smart cuffs or quirky brooch.
-Mini is more: Day-wear suits, especially for lunches, and weddings are perfectly paired with a simple light pastel coloured shirt, and a tie in neutral tones. This adds elegance to the entire outfit, while keeping it less formal.
– Edge it up: If you want to break from tradition, and keep the look more edgy, opt for a grey shirt under your blue suit. The result is a cool tone of grey making a soft contrast to the deep solid colour of blue. It’s fashionable and dapper and should be paired with bold coloured accessories like a red pocket square.
– Accessorize to make it complete: Navy Blue suit is best paired with formal accessories, like a leather belt or Oxford shoes. Navy is a neutral colour, so both brown and black go with it.
– Break the Monotony: Looking to make this style edgier, how about a gingham shirt? Gingham has really made its presence felt this season, so opt for a blue gingham shirt, which will look fresh and break the monotony of the overall blue.
– Be out there: Don’t like the Oxford look? Opt for trainers in lighter colours that contrast with your suit, for a really ‘out there’ look.
– Slide into formal”>informal: A great way to wear Navy Blue in the summer is to pair it with a white t-shirt, for a very chic and formal”>informal look. It also brings a fresh new way to wear the suit, but make sure your t-shirt is a fresh and white and crisp.(ANI)