Mohammad Kausar: One more cleared in terror case after 11 years

NEW DELHI: Mohammed Kausar set to walk free after he was acquitted by the court in connection with the 2008 attack on a CRPF camp in Rampur, in which seven paramilitary personnel and one civilian were killed.

48-year-old Kausar, wrongly convicted in the terror attack case although proved innocent by the court but now has a real battle to fight to remove the ‘terrorist’ tag.

I maintained I was innocent

After being release, Kausar speaking to The Indian Express over the phone said:

“A senior police officer asked me two-three questions and then put me in a room. Two days later, I was produced before a court, which sent me to jail. In the two-minute interaction with a senior police officer, I maintained I was innocent,” Kausar told.

READ:  Karnataka BJP leader asserts that CM will be replaced soon

Kausar was put behind bars more than a month following the attack. He was accused of hiding the weapons used in the crime.

The court, however,  acquitted him for lack of evidence in the case.

Ordeal was not over

Kausar, before his conviction used to ran an electronics shop near his house in Kunda area of Pratapgarh.

The family sold the shop and spent all the saving to fight the legal battle.

Kausar, who has always maintained his innocence said that the life is not the same as it was before eleven years ago.

READ:  Potters hope business booms due to Deepawali, India-China dispute

“People don’t easily believe a person who has spent over a decade in jail.”

Rampur CRPF camp attack

An Uttar Pradesh court on Saturday awarded death sentence to four persons and life imprisonment including two Pakistani nationals, for the 2008 attack.

“Four accused namely Imran Shehzad, Mohammad Farukh, Sabauddin Saba and Mohammad Sharif were awarded the death penalty while Jang Bahadur was sentenced to life imprisonment in the case,” public prosecutor Dalwinder Singh said.

Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News
Back to top button