Telangana

ACB set to file chargesheet against KTR in Formula E case: Report

Chargesheet likely after DoPT grants sanction to prosecute IAS officer Arvind Kumar; ACB to cite MCC violation and alleged conspiracy.

Hyderabad: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) is set to file its chargesheet in the Formula E case against former minister and BRS working president KT Rama Rao (KTR), with the agency completing the required prosecution formalities.

The immediate trigger for the move was the Department of Personnel & Training’s sanction to prosecute senior IAS officer Arvind Kumar, one of the accused in the case.

With this clearance in place, officials are understood to have decided earlier this week to proceed with filing the final report.

According to a TOI report, the chargesheet is expected to include allegations of criminal conspiracy and an alleged quid pro quo.

The report said investigators plan to argue that the proposal relating to the Formula E event was advanced during the enforcement of the Model Code of Conduct for the 2023 Assembly elections, allegedly without securing prior approval from the Election Commission of India.

KTR reportedly told investigators he had signed the relevant file before the Model Code (MCC) came into force, but that the subsequent processing of the file and clearances by officials led to the funds being released later.

With prosecution permissions now secured, the ACB is likely to submit its findings before the court in the coming days.

This post was last modified on February 20, 2026 10:10 am

Share
Tags: ACBbrsKTR
News Desk

NewsDesk is our dedicated team of multimedia journalists at Siasat.com, delivering round-the-clock coverage of breaking news and events worldwide. As your trusted news source, NewsDesk provides verified updates on politics, business, current affairs, and more. Stay informed with live blogs and comprehensive reports on key developments across India and around the globe.

Load more...