India

Jharkhand students win, govt cancels JSSC-CGL exam, probe by CID

"We will also convene to discuss the amendments made to the MMDR Act by the Central Government; if necessary, we may even call a special session to deliberate on this specific issue," said the CM.

Ranchi: Amid a massive protest by job aspirants over alleged irregularities in recruitment exams in the state, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren said on Monday, August 17, that the state government would cancel the JSSC-CGL examination.

He said that in a special meeting, the state Cabinet decided that, since 2014, whatever mistakes have happened, big or small, will be investigated, and the CID would conduct the probe.

Adding that several companies active in Jharkhand appear to be involved in a huge exam racket, Soren said that all the exams conducted by the TDPL (TSR Data Processing Private Limited) will be cancelled.

TDPL is a Lucknow-based private recruitment agency at the centre of the scandal in the state.

Students rejoice

In Ranchi, students were jubilant at the government’s decision to scrap the JSSC-CGL exams. However, maintaining a stoic stance, student leader and activist Devendra Nath Mahto, who spearheaded the agitation, said, “I have seen many instances where CBI or CID investigations were ordered and then cancelled.”

They had been protesting for 24 days, demanding government action. Cancellation of the JSSC-CGL exam was among their key demands, as they alleged a paper leak.

This post was last modified on August 17, 2026 10:27 pm

Share
News Desk

NewsDesk is our dedicated team of multimedia journalists at Siasat.com, delivering round-the-clock coverage of breaking news and events worldwide. As your trusted news source, NewsDesk provides verified updates on politics, business, current affairs, and more. Stay informed with live blogs and comprehensive reports on key developments across India and around the globe.

Load more...