Riyadh: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) has introduced eight new electronic services for expatriates and visitors as part of the Kingdom’s journey towards digital transformation.
The minister of interior, Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif, hosted the launching ceremony at Jawazat headquarters in Riyadh, with several high-ranking officials present.
Here are the new services
Four services on Absher platform
- Reporting the loss or theft of a passport
- Getting a digital document of visitors
- Reporting about an expatriate
- Reporting about a visitor
Four services on Muqeem platform
- Modifying the translated name
- Reporting the loss of a residency permit (iqama)
- Checking and verifying information on visas
- Warning to give notice to the employer
Director General of Passports Lt Gen Suleiman Al-Yahya highlighted the development of electronic transactions to improve passport services, save time, and enhance efficiency, aiming to streamline procedures and provide smart solutions.