Abu Dhabi: The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) on Tuesday issued a decision regarding the licensing and regulating of agencies recruiting domestic workers, the Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported.
The licenses of existing offices will continue to be valid, provided that their holders meet all the requirements stipulated in the new regulations and fulfill their responsibilities to families employing domestic workers.
New regulations for licensing offices recruiting domestic workers
- Those who want to obtain a licence to recruit domestic workers must provide a bank guarantee or an insurance as an alternative to the bank guarantee.
- Applicants, whether an individual owner of an establishment or group of partners, must submit a credit report that reflects their financial status.
- The resolution allows recruitment offices to open branches in any of the emirates, provided they meet the requirements of the emirate’s licensing authorities, and provide a clear address for the agency must be provided unless the ministry allows the applicant to conduct the business activity online.
- Agencies are obliged to provide the appropriate accommodation and allowance for domestic workers. If workers are recruited temporarily, agencies must carry out all the legal obligations of domestic workers employers.
- Licensed agencies are to provide the package of services under the prices approved by the ministry.
Residents employing domestic workers must provide a safe working environment. They are prohibited from assigning domestic workers to tasks not mentioned in the agreement or contract with the recruitment agency.
Domestic workers must only work for the number of hours stipulated in the employment contract. In cases of work injuries or work accidents, the recruitment office and the ministry are informed of this.