Gaza ceasefire
- Middle East
Gaza ceasefire: Hamas sees ‘positive’ signs for 2nd phase talks
Gaza: Hamas has said that there were positive signs regarding negotiations for the second phase of the ceasefire agreement in Gaza. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said Israel would send a…
- Photos
Photos: Release of Israeli hostages
Deir Al-Balah (Gaza Strip): The first three hostages released from Gaza have arrived in Israel, the military announced on Sunday, hours after the fragile ceasefire between Israel and Hamas took hold. Their…
- Middle East
Gaza ceasefire: Hamas says indirect talks with Israel resumes in Doha
Gaza: Hamas confirmed that indirect negotiations with Israel have resumed in Doha, Qatar, with the goal of achieving a complete ceasefire in the Gaza Strip. “The indirect negotiations resume today, in Doha,…
- Middle East
‘Not accurate’: Qatar denies claims of withdrawing from Gaza ceasefire mediation
Doha: Qatar has denied media reports claiming that it has withdrawn from mediating a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, describing the circulating reports as “not accurate.” This comes after several media outlets,…
- Middle East
Egypt proposes 2-day Gaza ceasefire, release of 4 hostages
Cairo: Egypt has proposed a two-day ceasefire deal in which four Israeli hostages in Gaza would be exchanged for Palestinian prisoners held in Israel. The proposal was announced by Egyptian President Abdel…
- Middle East
Genocide not a Jewish value: Activists protest Israel’s war on Gaza
A group of Jewish activists and rabbis on Wednesday, September 25, staged a huge demonstration at the Los Angeles offices of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) to express their solidarity…
- Middle East
Egyptian, Canadian FMs discuss efforts to facilitate Gaza ceasefire
Cairo: Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty and his Canadian counterpart Melanie Joly have discussed efforts to facilitate a ceasefire in Gaza. During a phone conversation on Tuesday, the two ministers exchanged views…
- Middle East
Antony Blinken says Israel accepted bridging proposal for Gaza ceasefire talks
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced on Monday that Israel has accepted a proposal to bridge gaps in ceasefire negotiations and urged Hamas to accept it ahead of further negotiations expected…
- Middle East
Hamas criticises new Gaza ceasefire proposal as favouring Netanyahu’s conditions
Gaza: Hamas has criticised the new ceasefire proposal for Gaza, presented in Doha last week, as catering to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s conditions, particularly his refusal to agree to a permanent…
- Middle East
Gaza ceasefire talks to resume on Wednesday in Cairo: Egyptian sources
Cairo: Negotiations on a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel in the Gaza Strip will reportedly resume on Wednesday in Cairo. The delegations of the three mediators — Egypt, Qatar, and the US…
- Middle East
Hamas accuses Israel of obstructing Gaza ceasefire efforts
Gaza: A senior Hamas official has accused Israel of obstructing all efforts to finalise a Gaza ceasefire agreement. “The Israeli occupation continues to obstruct all efforts to complete any ceasefire agreement,” Sami…
- Middle East
Gaza ceasefire talks in Doha the most constructive in months: US official
Washington: The past two days of negotiations in Doha for a ceasefire-hostage deal between Israel and Hamas were the most constructive that mediators had seen in months, a senior Biden administration official…