Hyderabad: FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) with an aim to empower its members about their own health today organized three learning sessions here in the city.\n\n\n\nThe subjects of these three sessions include: Food, Nutrition and Health. They were organised under the title, \u201cBody, Mind & Menopause\u201d\n\n\n\nThree experts Dr. Manjula Anagani; Dr. Renuka Sreedevi Mudambi and\u00a0 Ms. Sridevi Jasti, \u00a0spoke on 01. Pre and Post; Menopause Management; 02. Sustainable Health and 03. Nutrition respectively. \u00a0Sixty plus members attended the program. \n\n\n\nWelcoming the gathering, Sona Chatwani, Chairperson of FLO said, women or even career oriented women are more concerned about their kids and husband and their nutrition and health. But, they hardly bother about their own health. The day long sessions ware planned keeping that in mind.\n\n\n\nNutritionist Sridevi Jasti and Dr Renuka joined Sona Chatwani in the lighting the lamp and addressed opening session.\n\n\n\n Nutritionist Sridevi Jasti\n\n\n\nAddressing the gathering Sridevi Jasti said \u201cacidity breeds diseases\u201d. So keep you body in alkaline state, she shared.\u00a0 To help maintain optimal bloodstream pH, choose diet which is rich alkaline such as vegetables and fruits. Avoid acid-forming foods such as cheese, meat, chicken. Increase your raw food consumption. Ideally, 70% of your nutrients should come from raw foods and the remaining 30% from cooked food. \n\n\n\nThis may seem hard but remember that all fruits, vegetable juices, sprouts, soaked seeds and nuts are raw and count towards the 70%. Ideally, Sridevi informed that it is best to consume mostly raw food for one meal and cooked food for the other. If this does not work for you, look for sensible combinations of raw and cooked food watch your body\u2019s reactions to it.\n\n\n\nHer team cooked \u201cGreen smoothies\u201d and \u201cCoconut Yogurt\u201d and demonstrated how to have plant based food at home. She also shared with her participants few recipes such as Black Eyed Peas Soup, Green Smoothies, Cecina \u2014Vegetarian Omlet; Coriander & Mint Sauce and Sprouts Salad.\n\n\n\nDr Renuka Sreedevi Mudambi while speaking on Sustainable Health, Get Control of your family health told her audience to invest in family time. Do activities together with the family members. Have \u201cMe Time\u201d, invest in \u201cSelf Care\u201d. Reevaluate yourself periodically.\n\n\n\nOne in four are suffering with mental health. But, they don\u2019t talk as it is considered to be a stigma. There is nothing like this. Your eating patterns are linked to your mental health. Those who are low in self esteem eat sweets and the ones with liver related issues, eat lot of spices, she shared.